Jordan Henderson of Liverpool has been forced to miss three months of Liverpool’s season due to a heel injury that reportedly has no medical cure. The Liverpool captain has been told that he will have to manage the debilitating heel pain for the time being. The team’s medical staff has reached out to counterparts at the Royal Ballet and with the Australia cricket team for information, but to no avail. “It’s been incredibly difficult, not just for me but for the staff as well,” Henderson said. Now I’m at a point where I can function, where I can train and start playing some part in games. Hopefully I can continue like that and it will continue to improve.”
Anyone can wind up suffering from heel pain. If your heel is hurting consult with one of our podiatrists from McKinney Podiatry Associates, PA. Our doctors will attend to all of your foot and ankle needs.
Causes of Heel Pain
- Heel pain is often associated with plantar fasciitis. The plantar fascia is a band of tissues that extends along the bottom of the foot. A rip or tear in this ligament can cause inflammation of the tissue.
- Achilles tendonitis is another cause of heel pain. Inflammation of the Achilles tendon will cause pain from fractures and muscle tearing. Lack of flexibility is also another symptom.
- Heel spurs are another cause of pain. When the tissues of the plantar fascia undergo a great deal of stress, it can lead to ligament separation from the heel bone, causing heel spurs.
Why Might Heel Pain Occur?
- Wearing ill-fitting shoes
- Wearing non-supportive shoes
- Weight change
- Excessive running
Heel pain should be treated as soon as possible for immediate results. Keeping your feet in a stress free environment will help. If you suffer from Achilles tendonitis or plantar fasciitis, applying ice will reduce the swelling. Stretching before an exercise like running will help the muscles. Using all these tips will help make heel pain a thing of the past.
With the advancements in technology and greater knowledge of how muscles and joints work, physical therapists can turn things around dramatically.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of our offices located in Texas. We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot and ankle needs.