At McKinney Podiatric Associates we encourage our patients to visually explore their feet from all angles, at several different times throughout each day.
Take a note of various temperatures and how the heat and cold will change the size and shape of the veins on the top of your feet, and along both the inside and outside of your ankles. Patients often express concern if their veins appear thicker, darker blue beneath the skin, and more pronounced in general.
Most of the time, a minor change in the appearance of the foot’s veins is no cause for alarm, however it is vitally important to report any sudden or alarming changes in the color of your skin, especially when combined with excessive or pillowy swelling on the tops of feet. These symptoms might indicate a more complex problem affiliated with vasicular circulation health and must addressed with a care provider.
Many afflictions of the foot have common symptoms, and can be treated in different ways (often, incorrectly) with home remedies. We urge you to call our main phone number (713) 946-1500 to schedule an appointment for routine check ups and for any of your footcare needs or visit us at our seven conveniently located Texas offices to have the veins of your feet examined, and to help you ease your mind.
Ahead of your appointment, grab a paper and pen to take note of a few important things. This way you can share the details with the podiatrist easily.
Take Notes If You Are Experiencing the Following:
- Swelling of the veins especially if accompanied by pain or tingling sensation.
- Abnormal Sensitivity to pressure such as a light touch on skin surface.
- Redness and swelling of the fleshy part of the top of foot.
- Softened nail beds or nails whose pink color turns pale.
- Nail beds that appear white for more that a few seconds when manually depressed downward.
- Trauma, or Injury.
- Hard to resolve or persistent hygienic problems.
- Poor nail hygiene (scrub with a clean nail brush daily and closely monitor the nail for changes).
New Patients can save time by clicking here.
Read up about the Podiatrists at all our locations here.
As always, Mckinney Podiatric Associates welcomes you for all of your foot health concerns. Nobody should suffer when they don’t have to.
Thank you for your continued trust in Mckinney Podiatric Associates.